On 15/01/2018, the Government issued Decree No. 08/2018/ND-CP regulating the business investment conditions under the Ministry of Industry and Trade. This Decree takes effect from the date of its promulgation.
Accordingly, Decree No. 08/2018/ND-CP amending and supplementing some contents of the previous decrees of the Government in 8 areas under the State management scope of the Ministry of Industry and Trade, including: the petroleum sector, the tobacco industry, the electricity sector, the franchising sector, the e-commerce sector, the chemical sector, the industrial explosive sector, the food business sector. Specialized by the Ministry of Industry and Trade, as follows:
1. In the field of petrol and oil: To annul a number of conditions applicable to petrol and oil exporters and importers, conditions for petrol and oil production, conditions for petrol and oil retail shops, business conditions port leasing service, petroleum reception warehouse;
2. In the field of cigarettes: To annul a number of conditions for the grant of certificates of eligibility for tobacco planting, permits for purchase and sale of tobacco raw materials, permits for processing of tobacco raw materials or permits for production of tobacco products. cigarettes; licenses for purchase and sale of tobacco products;
3. In the electricity domain: To abolish common conditions for grant, amendment and supplementation of electricity activity permits, national electricity development planning consultancy licenses, electricity development planning consultancy licenses Provincial-level People’s Committees, hydropower planning consultancy licenses; To annul and amend a number of conditions for the grant of a permit for electricity generation activities, a permit for electricity transmission activities, a permit for electricity distribution activities, a permit for electricity distribution activities, a permit for electricity retailing activities, Electricity export and import and some types of consultancy licenses.
4. In the domain of franchising: To cancel the conditions for the franchisor and the franchisee and to cancel the conditions of goods and services permitted to be traded in franchising.
5. In the field of e-commerce: To annul a number of conditions for setting up e-commerce website for sale, abolishing the financial and technical requirements upon the granting of e-contract authentication activities.
6. In the chemical sector: the abolition of some conditions of chemical production Table 1, Table 2, Table 3.
7. In the domain of industrial explosive materials: To abolish a number of conditions for export or import of industrial explosive materials
8. In the field of food business: To amend and supplement a number of conditions for investment in the field of food safety, conditions for production establishments, conditions for equipment and tools , conditions for food preservation in food production.
With the issuance of Decree No. 08/2018/ND-CP, the Government abolished and amended quite a number of business conditions and was granted licenses in the fields of State management of the Ministry of Industry and Trade , thereby contributing to ensuring the business environment is open, in accordance with international practice.