On May 15, 2018, the Government issued Decree No.74/2018/ND-CP amending and supplementing a number of articles of the Government’s Decree No.132/2008/ND-CP dated December 31, 2008 detailing the implementation of a number of articles of the Law on Product and Goods Quality. The Decree took effect since July 1, 2018.
Accordingly, Decree No.74/2018/ND-CP stipulates the principle for identification of products and goods likely to cause unsafety as follows:
– Possibility of causing unsafety of the product or goods;
– Requirements and ability to manage the state in each period.
– The chemical, physical and biological nature;
– Structure and principles of operation;
– The process of transportation, storage, preservation and use.
With detailed and specific regulations, Decree No.74/2018/ND-CP is expected to guide and instruct ministries, departments and agencies to institutionalize regulations on identification of products and goods likely to cause unsafety in the scope of management, thereby setting up a set of national technical regulations to manage these products.