On June 29, 2018 Supreme People’s Procuratorate issued Decision No.304/QD/VKSNDTC regulating the process of settling the compensation claim of the State in criminal proceedings under responsibility of People’s Procuracy. This decision took effect since July 01, 2018.
Accordingly, with compensation claim content in criminal proceedings under the Procuracy responsibility, Decision No.304/QD-VKSTC provides on component dossier include:
1. Written compensation claim;
2. The judgment or decision has taken legal effect;
3. Documents evidencing identity of the damaged person include one of the following papers: Identity card, citizen identification, passport, household registration book, birth certificate, written certification by the commune People’s Committee of the locality where the damaged person resides or the certification by the agency or organization where the damaged person works in;
4. Documents evidencing the identity of the claimant and proof of his/her status as the representative or heir of the damaged person in cases where the damage sufferer does not directly request the indemnity;
5. Proving documents the actual damages that is compensation claimed and other relevant documents.
Provide detailed guidance on the composition of the dossier, Decision No.304/QD-VKSTC has created favorable conditions for the victims to well implement the right to compensation, at the same time, this is also the basis for the People’s Procuracy at all levels to solve problems arising in practical implementation, from then on, the claims for the victims in the criminal proceedings will be settled.