On July 3, 2018, the Prime Minister issued Decision No.807/QD-TTg approving the target program to thoroughly handle the establishments causing serious environmental pollution in the public utility sector in the 2016-2020 period. This Circular took effect from the date of its promulgation.
Accordingly, Decision No. 807/QD-TTg regulates measures to thoroughly handle the establishments causing serious environmental pollution in the public utility sector as follows:
- To formulate and apply tested environmental technologies to rehabilitate and restore the environment for some unhygienic landfills that are causing particularly serious environmental pollution in different areas for widespread application in the following stages;
- To relocate buildings and people living in contaminated areas;
- To isolate and prevent pollution to the surrounding environment; develop safety systems to prevent people and animals from contacting polluted areas;
- To conduct treatment, rehabilitation and restoration of the environment (land, water, air), ensuring the current environmental regulations;
- To monitor and supervise environmental quality during and after implementation.
Through specific measures, Decision No.807/QD-TTg expresses the Government’s determination to restore polluted environments to ensure public health and to contribute to sustainable development of the country.